Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thoughts Like Ticking Time Bombs.

I am reminded every day, every good mood of some sort of depression. Like you, who meant so much to me and decided to exit my life stage right. Is it so hard to deal with me? If so, why can I not see how? What do I do to deserve this painful departure.

And so, I hold my head tight and let my thoughts disappear again. Nothing is worth willing unhappiness. I am strong enough to deal with this, and so are you. So is everyone, all the broken hearts and lonely minds. I know you can hold this world on your back, were you to try. Maybe this is bigger than the world, though. I couldn't fathom a problem you couldn't fix. I love you too much to let you hurt.

Sitting in a waiting room full of average people. It's so odd, to see these men and women and children just sitting and willing time to move faster. In a psychiatrist's office, you'd imagine crazy people. But no, I try to see past the exterior and imagine what mental restrictions they could possibly have inside. Imagination, I like that word. It's bigger than anything, and limitless.

And back to base one. I will not allow myself the release of unhappiness right now. I will not be weak, and because it is obvious to myself that I can deal with much more, I will smile. This is nothing compared to what hand I've been dealt before. I am superman. I can live. I can climb this mountain. This is my mantra, now and forever.

3 comments:

  1. What humanity? I have lost my faith in good here, in this human world. Too many have broken this little heart for me to open up again. I am becoming you. Forever uncaring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistakes and the things we learn from them make us human. Everything doesn't need to be worried about.

    ReplyDelete